Urine Drug Screen Instructions
A NOTE ON REMOTE URINE SCREENS:
Care Clinic is happy to announce the availability of remote urine screen testing for telemedicine appointments!
We want to thank you for your continued trust in our care, and commend you on your commitment to your health, continued healing, and recovery during these times.
Due to the unprecedented switch to telemedicine visits this year, we have searched diligently for a cost effective way to administer your urine screen. We heard your requests. We understand that labs can be expensive and inconvenient, and for this reason are pleased that you can now complete your urine screen in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
A few things to keep in mind:
1. Urine screens are required by state and federal governments in the regulation of controlled substance prescriptions.
2. This is a temporary measure implemented for everyone’s safety, made to be more convenient and cost efficient than a lab. If you prefer a lab setting, you are welcome to this choice and we will provide a lab order at your request. We simply do not want you to incur unnecessary fees.
3. Our in-clinic urine screens will resume as soon as soon as in-person appointments do, and as always our in-clinic screens will be included with your visit. We hope to resume in-person appointments very soon. We miss you just as much as you miss us! The remote screen option will continue to be offered to telemedicine appointments.
4. The money paid is to cover the cost of the test kit and is not for the clinic. We have worked very hard to find a low cost viable option for our patients, and will continue to look for ways to cut costs. At the Care Clinic we are committed to your health. In order to make the remote kits accessible to our patients, in addition to the fee that you pay, we are covering a portion of each test kit ordered, to help offset costs for our patients and bring them to you at this most minimal cost.
5. Please do not open the test kit when it is delivered. Read and follow the remote urine screen instructions below. These instructions can also be heard 24/7 by calling the office at (844) 782-6963 ext 7. If you have any questions, please contact the office.
“We CARE about getting you back to your best self!”
PLEASE READ CLOSELY AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS CAREFULLY:
Please order your test online by submitting your payment at: www.careclinicmd.com/payments or call the office to complete your order by phone by the given deadline.
Once you complete your order by the deadline, you should receive your urine kit prior to your appointment. Any kits ordered past the deadline are not guaranteed for arrival prior to appointment time.
Leave the test kit unopened until the time of your visit.
During your video visit, you will be asked to open the package on screen.
Once opened, you will have 2 (two) minutes to provide the urine sample.
The provider or technician will record and/or take a picture of your results to be entered into your chart.
Your provider will discuss the results at your visit.
Please note, your urine sample and results will be considered NULL AND VOID in the following circumstances:
If the package is opened prior to your visit
If there is any suspicion of tampering with the package or urine sample